A small daily newspaper in South Carolina is hiring a full-time Advertising Director to accelerate local multi-media advertising growth while providing direction and support to our advertising sales team.
THIS POSITION WILL WORK CLOSELY WITH THE TEAM TO ENSURE:
• strategies are developed to fully service the needs of customers while meeting company goals across all platforms, including traditional print, digital, events, contests, special publications, commercial print, print and deliver, and magazines.
• new revenue-generating strategies across all platforms are identified and carried out.
• sales training across platforms is accomplished.
• appropriate sales goals are set and attained.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Proven success and experience in advertising sales and sales management
• Digital acumen and an eagerness to maintain current knowledge of digital marketing trends
• Able to meet revenue goals of the organization through quality planning and execution with the sales team
• Proven revenue retention and consultative selling skills
• Able to motivate sales team members and help team members identify and overcome obstacles to meeting goals by regularly reviewing and refining sales tactics and strategies
• Able to adjust commission structures to motivate sales team members while meeting organizational goals
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business, marketing, advertising, or other relevant area
• 5+ years experience in newspaper advertising sales with experience in management of sales and ad production staff, including experience preparing and managing annual revenue and expense budgets, building commission plans, new product/initiative development/training, and setting team member goals
• Knowledge of HR and supervisory rules and policies
• Excellent communication, presentation, and time management skills
• Must be able to analyze and interpret marketing data and trends