Date posted: 2/27/18
Lake Norman Publications seeks a general assignment reporter and online content manager for the company’s three weekly publications. Successful candidates must have strong writing and interviewing skills, experience developing coherent news copy and an understanding of AP Style. The candidate must also ensure the papers maintain a daily online presence through the website and on social media.
• Suggests story ideas to put in the Herald Citizen or one of the company's other publications
• Keeps track of things happening around the area and is willing to stay on top of them through reporting online and in print
• Attends evening government meetings and highlights important happenings
• Writes an average of five stories a week for print on top of digital duties
• Manages the company’s social media
• Seeks the best digital tools to use to enrich storytelling.
• Works with other reporters to brainstorm ideas for local and regional content for both online and in print
• Uploads content to the website for all publications
• Works quickly on deadline without errors
• Maintains high standards of writing and local style
• Follows popular social media pages and tracks coverage of our area in competitive media
• Contributes to copy editing as needed
• A background in journalism and digital media
• Experience with Google applications and a variety of social media platforms
• Photography experience preferred
• Copy editing experience preferred
Please submit a cover letter, resume and samples of work.
Carrie C. Causey
Lake Norman Publications
Herald Citizen, Mooresville Citizen, Denver Citizen and Mountain Island Monitor
704-766-2100 ext. 2